Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blogger Inspiration

I'm a big reader. I've always been, and I love to write - stories, letters, citations, anything. I collect books, much to my husband's chagrin who has had to move them no less than three times now as I've moved from apartment to apartment. (Did I mention that most of these are hardcover? tee-hee. Sorry honey.) I'm also a very fast reader. Now with the Kindle iPad app, I devour entire works faster than Amazon can charge them to my credit card. (And the hubs is in full support of any future books I acquire in electronic format. Really, its better for his back.)

I've read a few fantastic books recently, which I'm sure I'll get around to sharing sooner or later. I've just finished renowned blogger Ree Drummond's book From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. I've started reading her blog occasionally, and I say occasionally because when I do, it sucks me in and 4 hours later, my husband is asking me why I haven't spoken to him for an entire afternoon. Its not really fair to call "The Pioneer Woman" a blog...its kind of an empire. (It also makes me feel ashamed and inspired at the same time. This mother of 4 runs a ranch and still manages to put gourmet beef dishes on the table every night and author one of the most extensive blogs going. I can manage about two posts a week and I have no kids and a 2 bedroom apartment in the wilds of Brooklyn. I hang my head but type on!) I absolutely loved her book. As someone who had come upon her blog only in the last year, I'd never known how she met the Marlboro Man and traded Anne Klein jeans for a John Deere lawn mower. I couldn't put it down and would have finished it in two days instead of three if it wasn't for that whole "need to make a living" thing that regularly gets in the way of my blogging, reading, cooking and cleaning.

The other famous blogger's book that I've read in the last few months is Stephanie Nielson's Heaven is Here. Another fixture on my Kindle, I've probably read it three times now. Stephanie, of the NieNie Dialogues, tells the story of the plane crash that she survived with burns on 80% of her body, but also of her fairy tale courtship with her husband and the birth of her first 4 children before the accident. I loved reading her whole story but really liked hearing how she got her start in blogging. She has great style, she's an awesome mom, she's a woman of deep faith and has maintained her upbeat outlook on everything about her life After Crash. What's not to like about that?

There are a couple of other blogs I read and oh how they feed my wannabe blogger soul. As I said in my first post, the goal of this blog is to put out there my life as a Scouter's Wife, and maybe there's someone who stumbles upon my story who can either relate to my experience or just wants to be entertained by it.

I love to read and I love to write. And with women like Ree and Nie around to inspire me, I hope that just maybe I can write something that you love to read, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment